What is the ERA test?
- The Endometrial Receptivity Analysis (ERA), developed and patented by Igenomix (PCT/ ES2009/000386), is a test designed to evaluate endometrial receptivity.
- This molecular diagnostic tool uses NGS to analyse the expression level of 248 genes related to the status of endometrial receptivity.
- The ERA test has been shown to be highly sensitive and specific in the detection of genetic expression profiles associated with receptivity. It allows the personalised window of implantation to be detected before the patient starts using assisted reproduction techniques.
- To do so, RNA obtained from an endometrial tissue sample is analysed and the endometrial receptivity profile is classified by our ERA predictor.
- The high-resolution of ERA enables us to designate the endometrium across the spectrum of pre-receptive – early-receptive – receptive – late-receptive – post-receptive. This detailed identification of a patient’s personalised window of implantation allows us to recommend a precise (+/- 3 hours) timing for embryo transfer.