What is WES test?
Most of disease-causing mutations occur in the exome. Exome has 1.7 percent of a human genome that encodes proteins. Thus, Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) is:
- Highly extensive to identify genetic mutations or alterations in DNA that may not have been picked in earlier genetic tests.
- Couples can plan their family through this genetic diagnosis and eliminate their chances of having an affected child. This information can be useful for other members in the same family as well.
- Advanced NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) technology is used to determine the information obtained from millions of DNA fragments.
- Performed +14.000 clinical exomes since 2015
- Managing more than 650 tests per month and more than 350 exomes particularly in UAE
- Large experience in wet lab and bioinformatics with Arabic database definition
- More than 20 years of experience
- CAP Accredited
What is the procedure?
Report will be delivered in 25 to 35 days after receiving the samples in our lab