Why use EMMA – Endometrial Microbiome Metagenomic Analysis?
- EMMA uses RT-PCR technology to provide endometrial microbiome information by analysing the presence and quantity of the most common and relevant bacterial pathogens of the reproductive tract.
- EMMA can also determine the abundance of Lactobacillus present in the endometrium; low proportions of Lactobacillus is associated with poor reproductive outcomes.
- EMMA also includes ALICE, which detects pathogenic bacteria that can cause chronic endometritis.
- EMMA determines whether the endometrial microbial environment is optimal or not for embryo implantation.
- If the endometrial microbial environment is not optimal for embryo implantation, a recommendation for a precise and targeted treatment is provided.